The previous record breaking Late Model season has set a very high benchmark to judge the upcoming 2015-16 season by but all signs point to yet another leap in the level of competition and popularity of the mighty Late Models in WA.
The talent pool keeps expanding and new state of the art racing equipment from the USA continues to flow into workshops of both new and established teams.
The big guns will certainly be seasoned campaigners like Craig Vosbergen, Brad Blake, The Oldfield brothers, Marc Giancola, Jay Cardy, Brad Ludlow and Ryan Halliday who have runs on the board when it comes to winning Blue ribbon events and major Late Model series titles. They are entitled to be favourites when the ground pounding action gets underway.
This season they will not have it all their own way with an extremely strong group of drivers such as Matt Goodlad, Michael Holmes, Paul Stubber, Lee Watt, Jeremy Hale, Matt Nylander, Rob Galloway and Jamie Moon having served their apprenticeship in the hurly burly of the Pro Dirt Late Model Series and ready to make their mark.
Seriously credentialed drivers like Kodee Brown and Veronica McCann are also likely to have a huge crack at the big guns as their experience in Late Models grows.
Pushing everyone will be at least another twenty drivers including the group of sparkling new talent such as Kye Blight, Brent Vosbergen, Jed Rogers, Jarrin Beilby, Jason Bond, Morgan Melvin and Alec Melvin who is fresh from winning the Forma Tel Late Model Winter Series.
For most drivers the focus will be on the massive month in January with an Australian Title at the Perth Motorplex and a WA State Title in Albany up for grabs as well as the high dollar Wild West Tour Grand final at Esperance – All in the space of 10 days.
Major silverware will also be on the line for the expanded Pro Dirt Series, the Transpacific Cleanaway Bunbury Track Championship and the Perth Motorplex Track Championship as well as the 4 Round Speed Torque Series which will once again add some spice for the up and coming drivers.
All in all Late Model fans are in for a cracker of a season.
LATE MODEL RACE DATES
- 10/10/2015 Ray Tulk Memorial- Pro Dirt 1 Ellenbrook Speedway
- 17/10/2015 Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 2 Perth Motorplex
- 7/11/2015 Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 3 Perth Motorplex
- 14/11/2015 Bunbury Track Cship Pro Dirt 4 Bunbury
- 21/11/2015 Collie Pro Dirt 5 Collie – Speed Torque All Stars
- 5/12/2015 Kalgoorlie Pro Dirt 6 Kalgoorlie
- 19/12/2015 Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 7 Perth Motorplex
- 26/12/2015 Motorplex Track Championship Perth Motorplex – Speed Torque All Stars
- 9/01/2016 Bunbury Track Cship -Pro Dirt 8 Bunbury
- 13/01/2016 Oz title Official Practice Perth Motorplex
- 15/01/2016 Oz Title Night 1 Perth Motorplex
- 16/01/2016 Oz Title Night 2 Perth Motorplex
- 23/01/2016 State Title – Pro Dirt 9 Albany
- 24/01/2016 Wild West Tour Grand Final Esperance
- 30/01/2016 Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 10 Perth Motorplex
- 6/03/2016 Bunbury Track Cship Bunbury – Speed Torque All Stars
- 12/03/2016 Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 11 Perth Motorplex
- 26/03/2016 Motorplex Track Championship Perth Motorplex – Speed Torque All Stars
- 23/04/2016 Gold Cup, Mplex Track Cship – Pro Dirt 12 Perth Motorplex